There are tons of reasons why you'd want to invest in a dependable EGR delete kit. This can be the perfect solution to sticky EGR valves. An over-pressurized coolant system can be avoided, along with the EGR cooler leak in the cylinder, which can lead to blown head gaskets. The kit will help you optimize the performance of the vehicle with better fuel mileage, increased horsepower, and lower EGTs. This will also allow the engine to maintain cooler water temperatures, putting less strain on your vehicle's powerhouse. Our product review will tell you whether the BD Diesel EGR delete kit (1090001) is designed to give you these benefits and if it's safe and reliable. Here's a list of the things we like about the product and some of the downsides we've noticed according to our experience:
- Stainless steel TIG-welded pipe
- Billet aluminum blocker plate with gasket
- Viton coolant tube O-ring
- Exhaust feed pipe gasket
- Silicone heater hose with stainless steel clamps
*For 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L
- The EGR delete kit comes complete with every component you'll need for the job. It's not an easy auto fix. It's not for the faint of heart, but the job can only be done safely and more easily if the kit includes all the right pieces. This kit has the right assembly of parts, from the stainless exhaust pipe down to the coolant tube O-ring.
- The kit is made to be compatible with the specs of the 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L. All parts actually work.
- The components in the kit are made with precision and safety in mind. The exhaust pipe is made of stainless steel, so there's no need to worry about the pipe failing or bursting easily. The coolant tube has a dependable seal, and the heater hose is made to withstand high temperatures. The stainless and aluminum construction is a plus when it comes to reliability.
- The kit fixed troubles associated with the EGR cooler. We checked the EGR valve for clogs and the intake for soot buildup. Both are in better condition. We noticed lower EGTs and lower coolant temperature. While we didn't see a really big change in fuel mileage and hp, the engine seems to run more smoothly. It's more stable.
- This requires off-road tuning. Even if it comes complete with the right hardware and components, the job can be very complicated. It took us long hours to complete the task.
- It's not cheap. There are other less expensive options you can find.
What we think
We can't say that using this kit is a walk in the park, but the kit has all you need. Every component is designed for safety and for durability. Considering all the benefits, we can say that it's worth the shot. The kit is one of the best options for this modification.