Even your car's engine sometimes needs a time out. As it works hard and runs constantly during the whole drive, it can generate a lot of heat. While there's a cooling system in place to keep the temperatures low, the engine can cool down more conveniently with an engine shut off timer. The timer will keep the engine from getting overheated or overcharged and will lessen some of the strains from a day of hard work. The timer can keep the turbo bearing in better condition as it helps the engine cool down even before it's turned off. The timer will take care of this for you. No need to do this manually and worry about improper shutoff. We tried the BD Diesel universal engine shut off timer (1081160) to see if we can count on its good performance and quality. Read the rest of the review for the detailed pros and cons and the product rating.
- Universal fit
- Good with security alarms
- Can be used with a K-type EGT probe in pyrometer gauge kits
- Can minimize DPF regeneration on 27-up vehicles
- Installation is fast and easy. It fits, and we didn't have any trouble setting this up with a security alarm in our car. It has great installation features. This doesn't interfere with other systems.
- Just as advertised, it can be used with any K-type EGT probe. We had a pyrometer gauge kit and tried to use it to see if this will work with the EGT probe. We're happy that it did. We didn't need to do any adjustment or modification. It has a good set of features, and it's designed for increased troubleshooting capabilities.
- We did some tests to see if the timer actually works. It lessens the DPF regeneration on our vehicle, just as promised.
- As we installed the timer, we kept a close look at the turbo bearing and other components to see if the timer actually works well with them and can prevent hassles with engine shutdown. It does its job well.
- It's safe and reliable. We've used it a lot of times, and it's great that it's easy to use and doesn't take so much to figure out. It's able to cool down the engine effectively.
- It's more expensive than other options.
- Some shut off timers have more advanced features.
It simply works, and it's the best reason for you to try this one out. Although this is not the best option in the market, it's reliable and safe to use. You can count on the timer to handle proper engine shutoff and cool down. At the end of the day, whatever the design is, whether it's direct or universal fit, that's what matters most to us.