When rolling downhill, it can be quite difficult to stop or slow down a heavy vehicle. It may feel like you don't have full control because of the downward pull. Thanks to the exhaust brake, a steep downhill need not be a cause for worry. The exhaust brake can give the driver better control during downhill acceleration. It will also keep the wheel brake from overheating or wearing out fast because of heavy use. If you need one badly but don't want this to occupy too much space on your engine compartment, one option is to use an air compressor. This will give you some flexibility by allowing you to mount or place the exhaust brake remotely, anywhere possible. At the end of the day, you get to enjoy the benefits of using an exhaust brake without creating a clutter. With this air compressor, you get a neat setup. We tried the BD Diesel exhaust brake air compressor (1030122B) in our search for some of the best options in the market. Our experience allowed us to write this detailed product review.
- For remote mounted exhaust brake
- 12 volt
- 20 amp
- ¼ NPT outlet fitting
- 100psi max air pressure
- 25% duty cycle
- It connects easily, with its outlet fitting and other specs. It's built with a sturdy case that keeps it protected even when mounted remotely.
- It has a no non-sense design. It comes with all the right features and specs, and it works as it should. With this air compressor, we're able to fully enjoy the benefits of using an exhaust brake. We've tried using the exhaust brake on various road conditions and driving situations. Downhill acceleration is better controlled.
- It's designed as advertised. It works well with the given voltage and amp draw. Its max air pressure reaches 100psi, as specified. And it has a 25% duty cycle.
- It's stable and reliable. We mounted the exhaust brake remotely. Everything is well and secure.
- It works well with the exhaust brake. It's the perfect companion. It also doesn't mess up other systems.
- It's convenient and easy to use. With its outlet fitting and overall design, it can be mounted easily. We didn't encounter any issue with exhaust brake performance or air pressure.
- You have to pay a higher price for this. There are cheaper options that you may consider if you want to save some cash.
What we think
This exhaust brake air compressor is convenient and reliable. It gives you exactly what you need, including decent quality that can last even when used on varied driving conditions and exposed to different weather and some harsh road elements.