So you've got a cracked exhaust manifold in your off-road rig? Don't take that for granted as that crack can lead to small holes, and from there, they sure won't get any better. So if you're starting to notice signs of exhaust manifold leak, and after troubleshooting, you noticed that the crack in your exhaust system manifold seems irreparable, there's no solution more viable than to have it replaced.
When looking for replacement, you can try upgrading to a performance exhaust manifold. We tried such and outfitted our ride with the BD Diesel exhaust manifold--the Full-Bore model--and here's what we can say about it:
- 1-piece stainless Full Bore exhaust manifold
- Direct, bolt-in replacement for the stock manifold
- With expansion joints and heavy webbing to prevent cracking
- Ensures balanced exhaust flow
- Reduces EGT's in the combustion chamber
- Improves fuel economy
- Sold individually
- Cast from high silicon ductile iron
- Designed for off-road use
- Not street legal In CA or any state adopting CA emissions standards
- We're amazed by how this exhaust manifold works in our turbo-diesel rig. It did solve our problem with excessive exhaust gas temperature, which seemed to bother us for several weeks. With the installation of this manifold, we noticed that our ride's EGT has stayed within safe limits.
- We are also awed by the improvement in engine power, which of course, translates to better off-road performance. Engine sputtering and hard acceleration have also become a thing of the past.
- Though this is an upgrade, we didn't have a hard time installing this BD Diesel manifold as it lives up to its promise of being direct-fit, bolt-in replacement for our factory manifold. It allowed us to reuse the factory exhaust up-pipes, so we need not shell out cash just to purchase compatible pipes.
- While this upgrade brings in improvements in our ride, it's sad that it is only legal for use off-road especially for those who reside in California and in other states with stricter laws and regulations regarding vehicle emissions.
We're highly recommending this BD Diesel Full-Bore exhaust manifold for off-roaders who are looking for ways to improve their exhaust and engine performance. At first, we were a bit hesitant about installing this product since it doesn't look exactly like our stock, but thankfully, it didn't disappoint. It works perfectly well, and until now it didn't give us any reason to doubt its efficiency and durability.