If your fuel pressure regulator goes bad, your engine will start to run poorly. There will be times that it will sputter or spit and will send black smoke out of the tailpipe. Engine stalling can also be experienced. Sometimes, fuel pressure regulator problems boil down to as simple as a damaged component like spring. So, it pays that you do a troubleshooting first before thinking of getting any replacement. When it comes to fuel pressure regulator spring, we can be of help to you. Our ride has been fitted with the BD Diesel fuel pressure regulator spring (13psi) for a while now, and we'll share with you how it fared, so you can decide if it fits the bill.
- 13 psi
- Flow-MaX fuel pressure spring
- Made from high-quality material
- With corrosion-resistant finish
- We know how important it is for the injectors to have the right fuel pressure at all times, so we're thankful that we have replaced our malfunctioning unit with this fuel pressure regulator spring. After installation, we noticed that the issues we have with the damaged stock have been eliminated.
- Since our diesel truck is modified, we think that our fuel system deserves some kind of leveling up as well. Thankfully, this spring works way better than our stock, so it seems like an upgrade for our fuel pressure regulator.
- We were so right about choosing this product since we already have its matching Flow-Max fuel pump. With this tandem, we were able to improve our diesel truck's performance by simply allowing ample fuel flow.
- We didn't have any problem in installing it into our diesel truck. But we think DIY task is just advisable for those who are well-versed with the diesel engine and its fuel system especially if several upgrades have already been made.
- So far, we can't say anything negative about this product because we don't have any problem in making it work in our ride. It is because our diesel truck already has compatible BD diesel parts like the pump. Sadly, we can't gauge how it will perform with stock fuel pumps.
Our final thought
For those who own a modified diesel truck with compatible engine, fuel pump, and other fuel system components, this BD Diesel fuel pressure regulator spring seems to be a nice addition. It performs well in our ride, especially along with our Flow-Max fuel pump. This, however, may not be the right choice for those who are simply looking for a replacement spring for their usual daily ride.