These days, drivers who wish for serious power gains do not need to carry out lots of tinkering with their engine and other vehicle components. All the drivers need now is a reliable power programmer, and the control to the power boost they've all been longing to achieve will now be in their hands. But with the lots of power programmers out there--each brand has features that are unique to its products--it can be kind of hard for us to choose the one that will best fit our ride and the performance boost that we want to accomplish.
Our Ford is equipped with the BD Diesel power programmer, specifically the X-Tuner programmer. We'll share with you how it performs, so you can gauge if it's worth spending your bucks on.
- With 10 selectable power gains
- Plugs into the under-the-dash OBDII port
- Re-flashes ECU with a choice of various performance programs
- Provides an extra 130hp and 250 Lbs.ft. of torque
- Easy to install and remove
- Stackable with BD Diesel's X-Power module, Edge Juice and other performance modules
- Available power selections from60 up to 230 hp
- Fully upgradeable through USB connection and any Windows system
- Able to turn PTO mode on or off
- Capable of checking and clearing engine trouble codes
- Offers performance levels and stock programming
- Custom-tuned to match Dodge Cummins or Ford Powerstroke diesel
- This product is really impressive. Horsepower gains aren't just a promise; we are able to achieve them without much sweat and without getting our hands dirty. We noticed that warm ups even in the coldest of winter mornings have become so much faster.
- We were awed by how easy it is to install. It didn't even take 10 minutes of our time to carry out the installation plus the re-flashing of the ECU with our chosen power level. There was also a time when we badly need to take it off, and to our surprise, it didn't leave any electronic footprint on the area where it was installed. It's as if this power programmer has never been there.
- We're very thankful that we were able to set this to PTO mode and turn it off without using external pumps and winches.
- We honestly don't have anything negative to say about this product. It could be because this is made for Ford Powerstroke, which is exactly the one powering our ride. Perhaps, the only thing that can put you off from purchasing this product is its hefty price tag of over $300.
What we have to say
Drivers like us, who own vehicles that are powered by Dodge Cummins or Ford Powerstroke, will surely find the best value for money in this BD Diesel power programmer. We have nothing but good words for this upgrade as it truly satisfies our need for additional horsepower, hence, performance boost.