A turbocharger is designed to increase mechanical energy output while allowing the engine to breathe more easily and consume fuel more efficiently. To bring turbocharged performance to your engine, the turbocharger's two main sections, the compressor and turbine, must work hand in hand. If the turbine housing is damaged or defective, the turbocharger may function poorly and the performance of the diesel engine will suffer. The turbine housing, after all, channels the exhaust gas into the turbine wheel. The cycle would be messed up if one of the turbine components is failing. We're hoping that a new BD Diesel turbine housing would restore the diesel engine's turbocharged performance. This review will tell you if it's made to do the job.
- For 1988 - 1993 Dodge 5.9L Cummins
- Non-waste gated
- 16 cm.
- The 16 cm. non-waste gated turbine housing is a great fit for our vehicle's 1993 Dodge 5.9L Cummins. It's designed to match the engine specs. Since it's designed for a particular type of engine, installing the turbine housing is quite simple. The housing worked well with other turbine components.
- This housing is well suited to the engine requirements. Because of that, it's able to handle the exhaust volume and drive pressure well. It helps minimize turbo lag.
- After installing the new turbine housing, we noticed several improvements. Engine performance is smooth unlike before. It's able to generate more power easily, without pushing itself too hard and manifesting its troubles through the rough engine performance or lack of efficiency.
- There's been an improvement in fuel efficiency. Our engine used to guzzle more fuel than before. But when we finally fixed the turbocharger problem, we noticed better fuel mileage.
- Upon a series of tests, it's revealed that the housing allows for high rpm boost control. Throttle response is better, while turbo spool-up is noticeably faster. We noticed an improvement in bottom end response. The engine is able to dish out more power without too much hassle.
- Other turbine housings are designed with more reinforcements and for higher performance.
- You can find more competitively priced alternatives than this BD Diesel option.
The turbine housing brought back the desired turbocharged performance of the diesel engine. It fits, and it works. It fixed problems with a faulty turbocharger and delivered the expected benefits. We can say that this is a good option to consider.