The turbocharger rotates at a very high speed to provide the hungry engine with enough airflow. It is actually the turbocharger's compressor wheel that draws in fresh air from the air filter. The air is then compressed to deliver sufficient amount of air that will be used by the engine for combustion. Indeed, the compressor wheels provide your turbo the necessary boost to attain its full potential. So once this part of the turbocharger starts to act up, you might as well have it checked and replaced if there's a need to.
When in need of a new turbocharger, you shouldn't take any risk by going for the first one you see out there. It pays to do a little research first before shelling out your hard-earned bucks. Our Ford has been fitted with the BD Diesel turbo compressor wheel for quite a while now, and here's what we can say about it:
- Replacement compressor wheel
- Gets rid of compressor surge
- Lightweight, billet-milled compressor wheel
- With 9-bladeextended tip
- Faster spooling
- Minimizes EGT's
- Ensures better fuel economy
- Lessens visible harmful emissions
- Our stock turbocharger makes use of mild-power increasing tuners and modules, so we're thankful that this highly reliable compressor wheel also ensures better airflow at upper boost levels. This really brings a huge difference at how our turbocharger performs.
- We're lucky that we already have the adjustable heavy-sprung waste gate control, which, when used along with this compressor wheel, make up a perfect tandem. Besides the significant increase in boost pressures, we are confident enough that creep or leakage that may come up as the stock spring compresses is prevented.
Two thumbs up
- With the installation of this BD Diesel turbo compressor wheel, we can now drive with confidence knowing our vehicle is now giving out lesser harmful emissions. This component also lived up to its promise of improving the vehicle's fuel economy.
- Two thumbs up for the wheel's extended tip as well as cast wheel design, which definitely eliminated surging, a problem with our stock unit that has long bothered us until the installation of this comp wheel.
- This is a compressor wheel upgrade, so it may not come cheap. If you're looking for the lowest-priced replacement for your stock, it may not be the right one for you.
- Since this is a part of the turbocharger, installation can be a bit complicated to some people, especially those who aren't that familiar with the turbocharger system.
And we say...
We highly recommend this for those who are looking for a great turbo compressor wheel upgrade. Even those people who are in a hunt of a perfect replacement for their stock will surely be happy with it, regardless of its hefty price tag.