The clutch material of stock transmissions is limited. To keep them from failing, the powertrain of high-horsepower engines needs to be modified. Modifications can also improve the transmission's holding ability by increasing the pressure applied through the clutch. This can be achieved by modifying your ride's stock valve body.
If you're in a hunt for one, you shouldn't take chances by getting just about any valve body out there. It pays to do a little research first so you can make an informed decision. Allow us to help by sharing with your our experience with the BD Diesel valve body. This transmission valve body has been installed in our Dodge for a couple of months now. Let's see if it's up to scratch.
- With modified valve design
- Includes larger oil ports and new springs
- Comes with patented governor piston dimensions
- New trim valve for increased mainline pressure
- Better shift quality
- Improved clutch holding capacity
- Minimal friction
- Longer transmission life
- Excellent product! We believe that all the features of this valve body make it efficient enough in ensuring better flow rate during converter lock-up. We also notice faster clutch response.
- With this BD Diesel valve body, we can now use the 2nd gear for engine retarding, which comes in really handy when towing. What made it easy for us to set off such function is the Torqloc switch. Converter lock-up has also stopped occurring, and so is clutch slippage.
- Another thing that amazes us about this product is that it makes "shuttle shifting" a thing of the past. Had we known earlier that this is the perfect solution to that issue, we should have installed this valve body sooner, so we wouldn't have worried too much every time it seems like our Dodge is hunting for gears.
- Since there's a need to tinker with the vehicle's transmission and high-horsepower engine, installation can become complicated to some people who don't have much know-how about the setup of their diesel vehicle.
- This transmission upgrade definitely don't come cheap, so if you want improvement in your engine and transmission performance without spending much, this may not be the right upgrade for you.
Therefore, we conclude that...
This valve body is really worth a shot. Though it is costly, we think it will very much pay for itself once it starts to keep the transmission from failing. Overall, we give this BD Diesel product a rating of 4.5.