A diesel-powered truck, especially one that's used for heavy-duty tasks, is usually fitted with an exhaust brake to improve the natural braking capability of the engine. And what keep this exhaust from working well are the valve springs. These springs are usually made sturdy enough to endure hard-core tasks as well as the tough environment these need to work in. But just like any other vehicle component, the valve spring surely has its fair share of weaknesses and with daily use, it will eventually fail.
When this happens and you're in dire need of a new valve spring, we're here to help you find the best value for your money. We'll share with you how the BD Diesel valve spring fared in our Dodge truck, so you can gauge whether it's worth a shot or not.
- Durable steel construction
- Compatible with Cummins 5.9L 12-valve 60lb
- Made for diesel-powered Dodge truck
- Resistant to corrosion
- Sold in set of 6
- Made by industry expert, this valve spring gives us peace of mind knowing that it will last long in service. Though the couple of months that this component has been installed in our ride may not be enough bases for gauging its durability, with the rate things are going, it seems that the springs from this set won't give up anytime soon.
- Our Dodge truck is powered by Cummins 5.9 12-valve engine, so we didn't have any issue with product fit and compatibility. This spring works perfectly well without any trade-off or compromise. Installation was also such an easy feat for us.
- While this isn't an issue for us because we have compatible systems, we think it would be better if this valve spring is designed to work with other engine types as well and not just with Cummins 1.9L motor.
- At a little over $80 for a set of six, this BD Diesel valve spring set doesn't come cheap, so we think that if you're on a tight budget and you just need one spring, you just go for one that's individually sold.
If we have to describe our experience with the BD Diesel valve spring in a few words, it will be "so far, so good." Yes, except for the price, we can't say anything negative about this product. This is mainly because our ride features the engine and exhaust brake this valve spring is actually designed to work hand in hand with.