AutoPartsWarehouse.com reminds consumers to review child safety in the car during “Child Passenger Safety Week”–and beyond; vehicle crashes number one cause of childhood deaths
Carson, CA ––September 11, 2013 –To help raise awareness about child safety during Child Passenger Safety Week, September 15th – 21st — and beyond, AutoPartsWarehouse.com today released its 2013 Child Passenger Safety Tips and Resource Guide. The guide is available online at AutoPartsWarehouse.com and offers key car seat safety advice and tips, as well as online resources.
“During Child Passenger Safety Week, we feel it is important to note a sobering reality: motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death among children ages one to 19 ,” said Shane Evangelist, CEO of AutoPartsWarehouse.com. “At AutoPartsWarehouse.com, we focus on helping consumers with the parts that make their vehicles run well and safely; but this week, we wanted to offer a reminder to all car owners to review and recheck their safety practices for their most vulnerable passengers: children. Our Child Passenger Safety Tips and Resource Guide is designed to provide key information to help to take some of the mystery out of child vehicle safety – and to serve as a reminder to car owners to always be on alert when a child is your passenger.”
Some key facts on child passenger safety:
- Children ages two to five who use safety belts prematurely are four times more likely to suffer a serious head injury in a crash than children in safety or booster seats.
- Of children ages 12 and under who died in vehicle crashes in 2011, 33 percent were unrestrained.
- Four out of five safety seats are used incorrectly, averaging a startling three mistakes per seat.
The AutoPartsWarehouse.com Child Passenger Safety Tips and Resource Guide includes the following safety information:
- Car Seat Guidelines by Age (for example, children under two should always ride in a rear facing car seat)
- Child Passenger Safety Tips (from locking down electric window buttons to proper seat belt use)
- Links to key resources on child passenger safety
To directly access the guide, click here.
Established in 1995, AutoPartsWarehouse.com is one of the nation’s top online auto parts and accessories retailers and is dedicated to making it easy for consumers to save money by accessing auto parts online. AutoPartsWarehouse.com offers a comprehensive catalogue of over 2 million auto parts and accessories, to fit all domestic and foreign makes from top aftermarket manufacturers. AutoPartsWarehouse.com offers consumers free shipping on orders over $50 as well as flexible payment and extended warranty plans and options. The company has parts warehouses in markets throughout the U.S. enabling rapid shipping of parts.
Source: Child Passenger Safety
Contact Media Relations: