As the heart of your car's air conditioning system, you're A/C compressor allows you to drive comfortably despite the heat of the summer. It's responsible for compressing and transferring refrigerant gases used in most modern vehicles. Attached to your car's engine, the A/C compressor has an intake and output side. Over time, your vehicle's A/C compressor may get worn or damaged. That is why, installing a high-quality one is necessary. And to give you an idea on which brand to choose, here's what we think about the Delphi A/C compressor:
Delphi A/C compressor features:
- Sold individually
- Offered in a natural finish
- Comes with a clutch included
- Has six grooves on pulley
- Manufactured using only high-quality materials
- Built to match OE specifications
- Offers a long service life
- Provides superior cooling performance
- Includes pulley, washer, and seal kit
- Backed by a one-year or 12,000-mile Delphi limited warranty
We tested the Delphi A/C compressor on our 2011 Honda Civic and found these ups and downs:
- It's easy to install since it's offered as an OE replacement; all you need to use is a few handy tools and some 30 minutes time to complete the installation.
- Its natural finish gives the A/C compressor a clean, smooth look and feel.
- It's consistent in providing us with sufficient cooling even after our eight-mile drive.
- It remained in good condition throughout our drive around town; we inspected the A/C compressor after finishing the test drive and found no signs of damage.
- There's no need to buy separate clutch, washer, pulley, and seal kit, since it's already included in the package.
- It's a bit pricey compared to other brands such as Replacement and Auto 7.
- The package doesn't include oil, so you'll have to buy it separately.
When it comes to cooling your vehicle, you can count on the Delphi A/C compressor. It delivers superb cooling performance and outstanding durability. It doesn't get damaged easily, resulting in a longer service life. Aside from fulfilling its function well, installing it is also hassle-free; thanks to its OE-like specifications. It includes the washer, pulley, seal kit, and clutch with the package, so you don't have to worry about buying each of them separately. In addition, its natural finish gives you that neat and clean look. So if you're looking for an A/C compressor that comes with a lot of benefits, then we recommend the Delphi A/C compressor.