Whether convex or plain, your mirror glass must be clear enough in order to reflect better the area at the sides of your vehicle. It is actually a safety component that prevents you from brushing side by side other vehicles and from hitting people who happen to be close to your car. Without it, it would be like driving with one of your eyes covered--you would have no means to see the areas surrounding your car. Sometimes, your mirror glass can get cloudy due to moisture, and other times, it can get broken when the backing plate is hit against another object. If you need to replace your less reliable or broken mirror glass, opt for a quality one like what Dorman provides. However, let us first see if buying such kind is a worth-it expense.
- Matches OE specs for measurement
- Plain style, without dimming feature
- With convex glass
- Without turn signal
- Carries a lifetime Dorman limited warranty
We tested this component on a Toyota Innova and a Saab 9-3, and here is what we have to say:
- The mirror glass looked okay. It was shiny and had no scratches on the reflective surface. It was carefully packaged.
- The component had a good reflective quality. It could show the driver the right size of the image captured from the left and right of each vehicle.
- This is a very affordable mirror glass with a good warranty backing it.
- The mirror glass looked as if it would fall off of the backing plate. It did not fit securely into the frame of the housing no matter how we tried. We needed to use some adhesive tape in order to secure it to its mounting location.
- The problem with this product was that it should be installed on top of the old mirror in order to have a good fit. That was not we wanted, but we still did it just for the two cars to have mirror glass on.
- It was a bit colder than normal when we drove the Innova and the 9-3. Knowing that the mirror glass was non-heated, we soon saw moisture around the mirror glass when it suddenly drizzled.
This is a good mirror glass if you just need a simple replacement component and nothing more. Based from the reviews online, this Dorman mirror glass was a bit of a challenge to install, and somehow, we were able to prove that it was true. Buy this product if you want affordability, but better opt for something else if you want to get more from your mirror glass.