How to Search for the Right Ford Bumper Cover
By upgrading your Ford stock bumper with the right cover, you'll reinforce your bumper better and gain benefits such as more ground clearance, accessory attachments, and better design and materials. Do you have the right bumper cover for your Ford? Keep on reading to find out how to shop for the perfect-fitment bumper cover for your vehicle's needs.
What are the different bumper cover materials?
You should shop for car bumpers in terms of their different possible material compositions. You can either go with the same material as your stock bumper and car or get something stronger, more affordable, or sturdier than what your bumper is made of.
- Aluminum:Aluminum alloy is a popular bumper material that's widely available and easily recyclable. Aircraft-grade aluminum has great heat resistance, corrosion-resistance, and durability despite of its lightweight composition. They've been developed to be as tough as steel with a fraction of the weight. Actually, the fact that it's lighter than a similar comparable mass of steel is what makes it such a popular material for bumpers. This weight reduction ensures better fuel efficiency as well.
- Carbon Fiber:As for carbon fiber, it's the replacement bumper material of choice because it's a durable nonmetal alternative to aluminum that's every bit as lightweight as its metal counterpart. Many auto detailers and car customization enthusiasts go for carbon fiber bumpers since they paint well after an accident or construction. However, it's a material that's more expensive than the other materials out there, so it's usually used for upscale vehicles, luxury cars, or as customized bumpers.
- Steel:Steel is still the go-to choice for many when it comes to rugged bumpers (particularly for off-road vehicles) since it's well-known for its toughness, strength, and durability. It's the metal that's assured to stand the test of time, particularly if you go with the stainless steel option that has anti-corrosion properties included. For bumpers, it's not as popular as other materials, but manufacturers have found a way to blend steel with other materials, producing bumper-worthy alloys.
- Fiberglass:Fiberglass is a type of fiber-based reinforced plastic where the reinforcement fiber used is glass fiber, to be specific. The arrangement of the glass fiber might vary, ranging from woven like cloth, flattened into a sheet (also known as chopped strand mat), or randomly arranged. Fiberglass bumpers are like aluminum bumpers; they're durable, lightweight, and inexpensive (far cheaper than carbon fiber). However, it cracks easily and is less flexible than plastic. Then again, it's easy to repair and paints well.
- Plastic:The plastic used for bumpers (that's not fiberglass) is polyresin plastic. This plastic type makes the bumper more resistant to impact because of its flexibility. In other words, a plastic bumper is more shock-absorbent and flexible to collisions (whether they're low-speed or high-speed ones), making them ideal for long-lasting safety bumpers. It's easily manufactured and painted efficiently. However, they crack on impact and they're not as easily repainted or repaired (thus necessitating instant replacement when damaged).
In a Nutshell
Some motorists invest in bumper covers for the sake of improving the resale value of their car, making it look better in more ways than one. Other drivers wish for a method of protecting their bumper in a way that's cheaper than auto detailing services (since covers can be replaced wholesale versus having to replace your whole bumper assembly).
Replacement Bumper Cover
A high-quality OE replacement part at an affordable price, the Replacement bumper cover is the first go-to solution for Ford owners who need to remove their old or damaged stock. Complete with holes for air and for installing the license plate, this product just needs to be placed on the vehicle--no need for drilling or any other process. Because it's made of plastic, the bumper cover is light and durable. With a primer finish, the product can also be repainted with whatever the owner prefers. Sold individually, the Replacement bumper cover can be shipped within two business days and comes with a one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.
AutoTrust Gold Bumper Cover
The plastic AutoTrust Gold bumper cover is a durable component at a price of value. At an affordable cost, this part cannot be easily damaged with scratches or dents. With a raw finish, this product can be repainted with the same color as the vehicle's body. The perfect OE replacement, this bumper cover will make any Ford car look brand new. While it may have holes for air and license plate, note that the component does not have any molding holes. Sold individually, the AutoTrust Gold bumper cover can be shipped within two business days comes with a five-year AutoTrust Gold limited warranty.
Street Scene Bumper Cover
Made from urethane material, the Street Scene bumper cover has super tough and durable features. Designed for a perfect fit for the front side, nobody will notice whether a Ford vehicle's bumper cover has been replaced once or many times. With the distinctive styling, any Ford car with this product will stand out due to its customized look. If preferred, the Street Scene bumper cover can be painted to match the vehicle's body color or with any shade that the owner prefers. Easy to install, the Street Scene bumper cover is sold individually comes with a lifetime Street Scene limited warranty.