The Dos and Don'ts when Choosing a Ford Fuel Tank
Your Ford fuel tank is one of the most valued reservoirs in the vehicle. How can the fuel be stored without this part? So if the fuel tank in your Ford vehicle is already showing up signs of wear, you must replace it immediately. Here are some of the essential things that you must consider in buying a new Ford fuel tank:
- Check the fuel storage capacity of your vehicle first with the help of your trusted auto technician or its service manual. Remember that not all vehicles can be installed with the same fuel tank, and the size of the vehicle will determine the type of fuel tank is appropriate for it. Another important thing that can help you in selecting a replacement fuel tank is its location in your vehicle; depending on the vehicle, the fuel tank can be positioned in front, rear, and the sides.
- Consider the material of the fuel tank that you will be buying. There are various types of materials available, including plastic, polyethylene, metal, and steel. The first two types are known to be more resistant to rust and corrosion, allowing them to last longer. The other two are more durable because of their heavy-duty construction, but they are more prone to rust.
- Get a fuel tank that surely matches the specifications of your vehicle. For this matter, original parts are recommended; however, they usually cost higher. Thus, you can opt for OEM replacements. These are made to match the standards of the old fuel tank, so you can still get the performance you deserve at a more reasonable price.
- Make sure that the fuel tank you will buy has been pressure tested by the manufacturer. This test is important because it will determine if the fuel tank can withstand varying pressures, and if it does not show any signs of leaks. This way, you can be sure that you will be paying for a fuel tank that will last long.
- DON'T hesitate to talk to the manufacturer/merchant about the fuel tank's coating or finish. This is because the coating is important in protecting the fuel tank against road salt and other elements that can cause premature corrosion and damage. You must choose a fuel tank that has enamel paint or powder coating as these types of finish have gone through heating processes to ensure that they will be able to withstand changing temperatures.
- DON'T overlook the importance of the fuel tank's welding process. If the welding is not done properly, harmful fumes may leak from the fuel tank. It is recommended to look for a fuel tank that has a weld at least 1/4 inch wide to ensure that it is deeply embedded in the structure of the tank.
- DON'T accept a fuel tank that has scratches or dents on it. Keep in mind that you are paying for the quality of the fuel tank. Hence, it is recommended to purchase from trusted automotive brands to ensure safety and reliability.
Dorman Fuel Tank
Manufactured from heavy-duty galvanized steel, the Dorman fuel tank serves as the Ford's "doorman," as it ensures the safe storage of the gasoline. Equipped with lock rings and a seal, it acts as a superior fuel system reservoir to prevent leaking that is typically caused by wearing of low-quality material tanks. In fact, to prevent such leakage, the Dorman tank brands are painted with an extra layer of coating to protect it from corrosion. Ideally made for Ford owners who value durability, this OE equivalent fuel tank ensures a steady supply of gasoline for the auto. This brand also carries a lifetime limited warranty.
Silla Fuel Tank
Created with high-quality steel in a natural color finish, the Silla is the "sealer" with its unique tank types that provide optimum storage for the Ford. Known for its cooling systems, this brand remains at par with the best in heat transfer technologies. As reflected in its fuel tank's engineering, the Silla fuel tank provides maximum resilience against extreme temperatures to slow down its wear and tear. Aside from its durability, this brand can also take as much as 20 gallons of gasoline. With this much reservoir, the Silla fuel tank is best suited for Ford owners with a thirst for long adventure trips on and off the road.
Replacement Fuel Tank
Equipped with a distinct multi-layered construction design, the Replacement brand of fuel tank is specifically engineered to reduce the corrosive effects of saltwater or moisture. In fact, it is coated with an all-zinc layer and features a pure steel core for a heavy-duty defense against wear and tear. Aside from its durability, the Replacement brand is offered with locking rings that help prevent gas leakage. Additionally, its 18-gallon capacity is a boon especially for Ford owners who travel often. It is a perfect fit too for those who frequent in beaches and tropical-like climates. Also, the Replacement fuel tank is backed by a one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty.