Buying the Best Ford Grille Assembly You Could Find
The grille of your Ford isn't just for display. It has a definite function in terms of shielding your engine compartment from debris, rock, dirt, and the elements. It particularly protects the radiator from exposure-related damage. You can also invest in grilles for the same of light protection, engine guarding, and covering the bottom of the engine near your bumper from potential harm (especially if you're driving through less-than-smooth roads with loads of dirt and stones on them). With that said, here's how you buy the best grille for your Ford.
Types of Car Grilles
- Billet Grilles:You should buy billet grills if you want a design composed of thick strips of metal or plastic laid out horizontally and parallel to one another. It also comes in variations such as slanted billet or vertical billet bars. Regardless, they act like vents in that they keep large objects out and let the air in through slots. Many luxury cars go with vertical placement while horizontal placement is commonly seen in race cars and trucks.
- Mesh Grilles:As for mesh grilles, they showcase crisscross patterns reminiscent of a chicken wire or wire mesh design (hence the term). This isn't as stylish as the billet grille pattern but it's even more effective at letting air in and letting finer pieces of debris out almost like a sieve or a strainer would. It can also be achieved by punching a grille pattern out of sheet metal. The thicker the bars, the less air will come in but the thinner the bars the more debris will pass through.
- Custom Grilles: If you believe the abovementioned grilles are too standard fare for your tastes, then try out some custom grilles for size that make use of the CNC (Computer Numerical Control) program or a machinist designer who'll make up a design for your sake. You'll pay more and you'll have to come up with the customization, but if money is no object for you and you want to customize your vehicle to your tastes, then this is the best option as your outlet for automotive creativity. The strongest grille you can get is one with punched-in patterns from sheet metal, for your information.
Materials in Car Grilles
Car grilles are made of many different materials. Each material type has its respective pros and cons. They include:
- Aluminum (Plus Alloys):Lightweight T-5 or T-6 aluminum provides excellent durability by being aircraft-grade material for your grille needs. Mixing aluminum with alloys makes it more corrosion-resistant and tougher.
- Stainless Steel:It's more durable than aluminum but heavier to wield as well. Stainless steel is corrosion-resistant and stain-free due to it being 10.5% chromium in composition. Take note that 304 stainless steel grilles have more chromium than 409 stainless steel grilles.
- ABS Plastic:It's less durable as grille material but far less expensive. What's more, its durability is serviceable and it's absolutely corrosion-proof since it is plastic rather than some sort of metal or alloy mix.
The Bottom Line
You should buy the right grille replacement or upgrade in accordance to your goals. If you want to customize your vehicle, it makes more sense to go custom than to buy something that's standard-issue. If you wish for heavy-duty toughness, stainless steel is the way to go. However, aluminum is more fuel efficient while (sporting superior corrosion protection) and ABS plastic is more cost-effective (and corrosion-free to boot). You also have many choices for finishes, which includes power coating, zinc plating, polish, and chrome finishes.
Replacement Grille Assembly
A worn out grille assembly can make a car look bad and it'll definitely affect its resale value in the long run. Don't let a broken grille affect a vehicle's good looks and get a compatible Replacement grille assembly today. Replacement brand products are made using top-quality materials and are designed after strict OEM specifications. This means that parts like the Replacement grille assembly would not only look and feel like original components, but they'll even work and last longer than stock parts. The Replacement grille assembly is a complete grille and shell assembly that's manufactured using durable plastic. The assembly itself is covered by a chrome frame and has an emblem provision for the vehicle's logo. Sold individually, this grille assembly is backed by a 1-year unlimited-mileage warranty.
AutoTrust Gold Grille Assembly
Whether it's from a sudden accident or from unavoidable wear and tear, a broken grille assembly shouldn't be ignored and has to be replaced immediately. For a durable and easy to install replacement, make sure that it's an AutoTrust Gold grille assembly. AutoTrust Gold products are manufactured to meet or exceed the original manufacturers' standards and are sold at very competitive prices. These parts are also guaranteed to be free of material defects and will now break over their expected product life. The AutoTrust Gold grille assembly is made from a strong plastic shell and insert, making it very durable compared to other products. This product comes in a chrome shell and a grey insert with an emblem provision for a vehicle's logo. It's also backed by a 5-year AutoTrust Gold limited warranty.
Street Scene Grille Assembly
Get better front-end protection while adding a distinct style to a vehicle by installing a Street Scene grille assembly. Crafted using only the best materials that give it added strength and durability, this grille assembly is the perfect solution when replacing a broken grille or when modifying a ride's looks and feel. Designed as a direct fit component, the Street Scene grille assembly is carefully manufactured for an accurate fitment resulting in a quick and easy installation with no screws, cutting, or drilling required. Made with a chrome aluminum shell and insert and comes with an emblem provision for a vehicle's logo. Includes all necessary hardware and instructions and comes with a 1-year Street Scene limited warranty.