A faulty suspension system can be the cause of a little trouble in paradise. If you often go driving with your wife and the car keeps bouncing up and down, you'll be bound to hear about it. Why make your life as rough as your ride when you can simply go online and look for a new strut assembly? We recently wanted to buy new shocks for our 2006 Honda Civic. We found the Gabriel brand and decided to try them for ourselves. Here's what we have to say about their products:
Gabriel shock absorber and strut assembly features:
- Black shock absorbers with a twin-tube design and looped upper and lower mounting style
- Larger, bugled tube design
- Non-adjustable dampers recommended for street performance use
- Direct fit replacements for the front wheels of the car that are sold individually
- While the price isn't the cheapest, we found it to be quite competitive and within our budget range. We think that this will actually save us money in the long run.
- Everything needed for the replacement came in the package, which arrived in good condition.
- We found that we could do the installation all by ourselves, saving several bucks in the process.
- We're experiencing a much smoother ride now. There was an obvious improvement in handling since it's become more stable and predictable.
- Finally, the finish was great. The car feels like its brand new again.
- We're a little disappointed that the struts didn't come in a brighter color since that would have made our little import look a bit cooler.
- The larger diameter made it harder to install because we were worried that it wouldn't fit in place. It did in the end, but it's a very tight fit.
This strut assembly was slightly higher in price than the run-of-the-mill replacement parts. We expected it to be completely perfect but we had to contend with the slightly larger diameter during installation. Still, we were extremely happy with the results when we installed them. The suspension's performance improved so dramatically that our wives and partners noticed it as well. Needless to say, they were quite happy with the improvement. So, if you want your own paradise to be trouble-free once again, we recommend Gabriel's shock absorbers as a heaven-sent way of making your beloved extremely happy.