How to Find the Right GMC Floor Mats
GMC is made for tough rides, has to deal with tough dirt, and thus need tough floor protection. You probably had it laid with nice GMC floor mats already, but mud, water, grease, and other elements would also ruin them. And if you let floor protection be handled by unreliable floor mats, rust will soon start to slowly eat the metal flooring without your knowledge. But that doesn't have to happen, because there are a lot of nicely-crafted floor mats that can promise you and your vehicle real tough protection. You just have to know what your GMC needs.
Different levels of protection and different demands
It has to only be the GMC floor mats that can reliably handle the particular types of floor problems that you face on daily basis:
- High tolerance to all types of nasty mess: If the off-road is a regular itinerary of yours, then your GMC floor mats will surely suffer from grits, mud, snow, and many others that are brought in by your shoes. All weather floor mats, which are made of high quality rubber material, are the ones that can effectively catch and hold them without allowing anything to bleed through it.
- Extreme durability for heavy-duty use: Although all-weather floor mats are already reliable in handling all types of mess, vinyl floor mats will beat them when it comes to durability. The protection they offer is comparable to spreading an invincible shield over the floor. They are durable enough to handle the possible damage that can be caused by your boots grinding the grits under them. And if you drag heavy cargoes into your GMC, they can be your best choice.
- No pain cleaning need: Dirt and grime can be a real headache, and it would truly be great if your floor mats are easy to clean. Rubber and vinyl floor mats normally feature such a surface that can be cleaned by hose in a flash. Even caked mud and grease would be removed in a matter of few minutes. But you have to remember that those with grooves, especially those with deeper ones, will pose more cleaning challenge. Sticky and gummy mess will also require more effort.
- Heightened luxury feel: Now this type is supposed to pamper you, and enhance the luxury feel that your GMC offers. If you worry about rain, water, and other liquid spills, you can opt for carpets with water-resistant coating. That could mean having to face time-consuming cleaning process when they get stained, though. For that, another option is the heavy-duty type that is brought by yarn-made carpet fibers. They are tough and stain-resistant. However, they need to be maintained more often so that nasty smell doesn't spoil the beauty of your GMC floor mat.
- Looking cool and setting the mood right: This has a lot to do with designs and colors. Carpets include logos, while vinyl and rubber mats incorporate diamond plate patterns. They can even be custom-made in order to make sure that your vehicle achieves the right mood that you may want. And if you prefer to be bold, bright colors are available. Powder coats, metal finish, and mattes are also achievable.
Highland Floor Mat
Highland Floor Mats greatly shields the car's floor to maintain its clean and fresh feel. Its design prevents water, sand, mud, and snow to not come into contact with the interior. A tough and durable plastic is used so these are guaranteed never to become brittle and crack. Even oil, heavy mud, and extreme temperature wouldn't do much to damage the strength of these heavy-duty mats. A 15-year Highland limited warranty is a testament to its quality. The anti-skid spikes on the back of the mats ensure that these don't easily move when stepped on. Easy to handle, clean, and install, this is perfect for the outdoorsman's car that needs full-floor protection against dirty shoes.
Husky Floor Mat
For floor mats that protect the surface and secures cargo in place, Husky is the way to go. The mats use Husky's patented rubberized thermoplastic to prevent water, mud, and snow from damaging the floor. It can even withstand the damaging effects of some chemicals like gasoline, oil, and battery acid. If ever these liquids end up on the mats, these can be easily cleaned. Other than protection, the mats' non-slip surface is also great for preventing cargo from uncontrollably sliding and hitting the car's sides. These mats are molded with a Form-fit Edge design to be a direct fit to the vehicle for easy installation and removal. Each purchase also comes with a lifetime Husky Liners limited warranty for any damage and defect. Use Husky mats on utility cars that carry lots of load.
WeatherTech Floor Mat
WeatherTech's All-Weather floor mats are made for those that are looking for protection, function, and style. The mats' odorless rubber compound is designed never to curl, warp, crack, or harden under very hot or cold weather. In terms of function, the channels and ribs that run along the surface of trap any dirt that may damage the car's floor. Cleanup is easy because of a non-stick finish used on them. Anti-skid ridges underneath also prevent the mats from sliding. The rear-mats are designed to be manually trimmed for an exact fit on the car. Each mat meets the strict FMVSS302 design standards, which ensures its excellent quality. With three colors to choose from (black, tan, or grey), it can match the car's upholstery for a uniform look. For any replacement concerns due to defects in terms of materials or craftsmanship, a 10-year WeatherTech warranty is included.