Buying the Best Honda Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly
Shock absorbers and strut assemblies are important parts of your Honda suspension system. Their main purpose is to cushion the car, driver, and passengers from rough road conditions, resulting in a smooth ride every time. Dependable shocks and struts with high-quality specs will prevent excessive bumping, bouncing, and movement on pothole-filled roads by controlling your suspension system's spring action. With that said, here's how you can get your own quality replacement struts and shocks.
Shopping Tips for Strut and Shock Replacement
- Struts and Shocks Shopping Overview:Do research on the struts and shocks. Aside from getting a perfect fitment component that's an OEM duplicate or at least OES, you also have the option to upgrade your struts and shocks as well even if you don't need to replace your stock parts. You might need the upgrade regardless if, for example, you've gotten bigger wheels and have already made the requisite suspension adjustment save for getting better shocks and struts.
- Driving Conditions:As for the specifics of shocks and struts shopping, the toughness and expensiveness of your prospective product should coincide with the conditions of the roads you drive through as well as the type of Honda you have. If you require struts and shocks for an ATV that has to drive through snow, gravel, or mud, then get monotube high-gas pressure struts with superior dampening power. Otherwise, choose a twin-tube low pressure unit for everyday city driving.
- Costliness:If you tend to replace your struts and shocks every few years, then another important aspect motorists should take into consideration is the price. The kind of struts and shocks you've chosen should determine the cost to a huge extent. Your budget should determine the the cost without necessarily compromising the quality. The models that use hydraulic fluid for resistance cost less than their counterparts that utilize pressurized nitrogen gas instead. Again, low pressure struts and shocks are cheaper than monotube high-pressure gas units.
- Mount:You should also choose the right strut and shock mounts to make them more effective at their jobs. You can choose between stock and custom mounts. Stock mounts are the mounts that came with your Honda. They're available with various valve options such as non-adjustable, double adjustable, and single adjustable. Custom mounts might be called for if you've customized your ride beyond the original suspension system specifications or you've built your ride from scratch.
- Adjustability and Material Composition:Adjustable shocks are mainly for variable driving conditions and applications such as street shows and drag racing. Nonadjustable shocks, on the other hand, are made for everyday ordinary city driving because of their smoothness and consistency. As for material composition, struts and shocks are mainly made of aluminum and steel. Steel is less expensive but they're only available for nonadjustable valve options. Aluminum shocks are more expensive but have better versatility.
Difference between Struts and Shocks
Both these components deter excessive vehicular vibration and serves as an extra safety measure in case of accidents. However, shock absorbers are different from strut assemblies and vice-versa. Struts are mainly used for coil spring dampening and are structured to be massive and complex, surrounded by coil springs from all sides. Shocks, meanwhile, are there for the purpose of leaf spring moistening and are single cylinders placed as independent pieces. This is the reason why shock absorber replacement is a lot cheaper than the more complex struts assembly replacement.
KYB Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly
A rocking, bouncing, and swaying suspension system can be a pain in the neck and can turn supposedly enjoyable long drives into nightmarish experiences. Good thing there's a KYB shock absorber and strut assembly that can put a stop to all those excessive vehicle movements. With its sintered-iron pistons, hard-chrome piston rods, and heavy-duty guide rods, this shock absorber and strut assembly from KYB restores and even enhances the vehicle's dampening qualities. Its innovative twin-tube design is specially calibrated to bring back the suspension's OE control and handling performance, allowing the driver to enjoy ultimate ride comfort. The high-pressure and gas-charged design of the shocks and struts also went through rigorous valve-checking and stringent OE-specific procedures to minimize foaming and achieve a precision-fit form that can withstand the most extreme driving conditions. With an attractive black color and finish, this KYB shock absorber and strut assembly can certainly give a tough look to any vehicle. Sold individually, this assembly is backed by KYB's limited lifetime warranty.
Pro Comp Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly
The Pro Comp shock absorber and strut assembly is specifically engineered to withstand the toughest and most demanding off-road conditions with its nitrogen gas-charged twin-tube design and heavy-duty 10-stage velocity-sensitive valving system. The expanded tube design also provides a 50 percent increase in fluid capacity, allowing the shocks and struts to handle extremely heavy loads while providing superior handling performance at the same time. This shock absorber and strut assembly is also built with a 1.38-inch nylon-banded full displacement piston head, a 0.63-inch chrome-hardened piston rod, and double-welded shock mounts for long-lasting durability, enhanced vehicle stability, and excellent ride quality. All these advanced features provide maximum versatility to unpredictable road and driving conditions, making this shock absorber and strut assembly from Pro Comp the ultimate partner of off-road enthusiasts. Available in pristine white color and finish, this assembly can definitely add a polished look to the Honda suspension system. This product is sold individually.
Replacement Shock Absorber and Strut Assembly
Improved ride quality, superior vehicle stability, and maximum road safety are just some of the benefits that can be gained from a Replacement shock absorber and strut assembly. Engineered from high-quality materials, this product is specially designed to match and even exceed OE specifications of Honda suspension systems. Its twin-tube design is built to restore the vehicle's steering precision and dampening characteristics, providing a smooth, comfortable, and vibration-free ride all the time. This shock absorber and strut assembly from Replacement is also equipped with a heavy-duty piston head, a durable piston rod, and resilient shock mounts for optimum load and handling capacity. These innovative features enable the Replacement shocks and struts to withstand even the most challenging and unpredictable road conditions, making it highly useful and efficient in off-road applications. It comes in a striking black color and finish. Sold individually, this product comes with the manufacturer's 1-year unlimited-mileage warranty.