Are you experiencing driveline vibrations after installing a lift kit in your pickup or SUV? The vibrations may be due to your newly installed kit altering your ride's optimum driveline angles. In such cases, you may need to install a differential drop spacer kit. These spacer kits help reduce the driveline angle and cut down on excessive vibrations for a more comfortable driving experience.
Differential drop spacer kits are no longer that hard to find now, thanks to the rising popularity of trucks with lifted suspensions. One of the brands that offer this type of aftermarket kit is MaxTrac. We installed a MaxTrac differential drop spacer kit in our pickup and see if it does the trick.
- Designed for all lifted pickups and SUVs
- Reduces driveline angle and keeps vibrations to a minimum
- Maintains correct suspension geometry
- Helps lengthen the service life of the CV joints
- Heavy duty solid construction
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Lifetime Maxtrac limited warranty
- Made in the USA
- Installation is quick and simple right from the packaging. You may need to cut excessive length from the bolts and washers for a snug fit depending on the make and model of your vehicle, however.
- The quality of the materials and construction is exceptional. Even the bolts are of high quality steel.
- Works just as it says on the box. We tried the differential drop space kit on various models of SUVs and pickups, and it did reduce vibrations significantly from each one. The design of the spacers also helped ease the stress on the CV joints as well.
- Price is reasonable compared to other kits that are available on the market.
- Not for beginners. Unless you are fairly confident with your skills and have the right set of tools, you will have to get the kit installed by a skilled mechanic. If improperly installed, this kit may do more harm than good to your vehicle's steering and suspension.
- Best used along with MaxTrac suspension lift kits. MaxTrac designed its differential drop space kit around its lift kits, so this isn't much of a surprise.
The bottom line:
MaxTrac differential drop spacer kits are durable and don't require much modifications to install, so they definitely get a green light from us. The only downside we see is that they could have been made more compatible with lift kits from other brands. But if you already have the MaxTrac lift kit installed in your ride, this shouldn't be much of a problem.