Some people prefer their SUVs or trucks to be closer to the ground. Other than a sportier look, there are other benefits to reap from the lowered vehicle stance, such as reduced aerodynamic drag and reduced body roll due to a lower center of gravity. Others go for it for better handling and braking and some high-speed stability. Whether it's for style or performance, dropping your vehicle a few inches to the ground should be done with the right parts. And for that, we tried out the MaxTrac leaf spring shackles and hangers on our Chevy for up to 3 inches of drop.
- Made of steel
- In black powdercoat finish
- Designed as a direct fit
- Comes in a set of 2
- Provides up to 3 in. drop
- Complete with polyurethane bushings
- Backed by a lifetime MaxTrac limited warranty
- Manufactured in the US
- The leaf spring shackles and hangers dropped our vehicle's height to about 3 inches, exactly what we wanted. These pair worked great in lowering the vehicle's height and improving its stance. We like the new look on our Chevy.
- The lowering shackles and hangers are heavy duty. They're made from solid steel and have a high-quality powdercoat finish to effectively resist corrosion. They don't look weak or cheap. We're quite confident that they won't break apart easily after taking the Chevy on the road for a series of tests to gauge the quality and performance of these aftermarket products.
- Nothing much has changed in terms of ride quality. Even with a lowered stance, handling is pretty much the same.
- The set we got included polyurethane bushings. We got every piece of hardware we needed in the set.
- We give it a plus for its lifetime warranty.
- We had a bit of a rough time installing the shackles and hangers on our Chevy, although every piece we needed is in the kit.
- They're not that expensive, but were expecting a lower price for these.
We can recommend MaxTrac leaf spring shackles and hangers to those who want to give their rides a few inches drop. They meet our expectations at the very least. They gave us the 3" inches drop we were hoping for. And while installation isn't exactly a breeze, the pair we had worked well enough. The hangers complemented the shackles. Both provided some stability and retained the ride quality.