MBRP, one of the key players in performance auto parts, promises to make your dream performance a reality. With their experience and superb craftsmanship, MBRP's ensures that you can count on their products to provide overall ride improvement anywhere, anytime, and with any vehicle. To prove these claims, we installed a MBRP exhaust system on our2005 F250 Extended Cab and tested its performance and ride quality after installation.
- Cat-back system with Single inlet and outlet muffler configuration
- Direct fit
- Made from T-409 stainless steel
- Mandrel-bent tubing
- Includes straight thru muffler, mounting hardware, and single polished stainless steel tips
- 49-state legal; not legal for use or sale in California
- Backed by a Lifetime MBRP limited warranty
- Physically, the MBRP exhaust system looked sturdy and reliable. Its stainless steel body and mandrel-bent tubing made the replacement part appear very durable, which gave us the confidence that it will last for a long time.
- After installing the part, we noticed an increase in engine power almost instantly. The truck has been performing better ever since.
- Sound was very impressive all throughout our test drive. Our F250 gave off a nice, mean growl whenever we stepped on it. We noticed that the noise comes out through the pipe and not in the cab. It was also very quite during idle and cruise. It gave our pickup truck a better sound at whatever speed or power it is at.
- Installation was a bit disappointing. Although it should have been a straightforward replacement, the incorrect fitment and confusing directions it took as over 3 hours to do the job.
- It wasn't as good as a fit as it claimed to be. The extension pipe was too long for our truck. We had to cut and weld it to get the part to fit the rest of the system.
- The instruction manual that came with the part was hard to understand, which made installation a lot more difficult than it should have been. We spent a great deal of time trying to figure out what part to use due to the small, and not detailed, drawing.
- Even though this part came with a solidly-built muffler, the exhaust still produced a humming noise at 45 and 55 mph. After noticing this concern, we opted to change the muffler and install a new one. The humming died down instantly. Since the truck is usually driven for extended periods of time at these speeds, we just went ahead with the replacement muffler instead of the one included in this kit.
- For some car owners or drivers, the growl from the new exhaust might seem louder that what they'd expect.
The MBRP exhaust system is a complete replacement that can instantly improve your vehicles overall performance. It is well-constructed and made from heavy-duty materials to ensure longer lasting and more efficient service life. Installation could cause concern if you choose this replacement. Be sure to consult or to hire the help of a certified technician or mechanic before attempting to install this new exhaust system to your vehicle.