It's not every day that you get the chance to dress up your brake system. If you have the chance, would you do it? Well we did, because we know how important it is to have the brake caliper protected against brake dust and outside elements. We tested out the MGP brake caliper cover with black powdercoat finish for the front brakes, and here's what we found out:
MGP caliper cover features
- Makes use of a patented stainless steel fastening system
- TIG welded
- Made from 6061-T6 aerospace-grade aluminum
- No caliper modifications needed
- No tape or adhesive required
- Installs in less than an hour
- Manufactured in the USA
- Backed by MGP's 3-year warranty
- Sold in a set of 2
- This caliper cover from MGP is fairly easy to install, and yes, the company is true to its words that the average installation time of this component is only about an hour.
- It fits perfectly on the brake caliper of our daily commuter--a Toyota Corolla--without the need for any modification or extra work.
- We were spared from messy and time-consuming installation procedure, as there was no glue, tape, or any adhesive involved.
- The caliper cover has been in our ride for a few weeks now, and the cover hasn't affected the brake pedal feel and function as well as the brake response even during the times when we had to drive on difficult terrains.
- We took the cover off for caliper inspection, and we noticed no signs of excessive caliper heating like grooves on the brake disc. Surprisingly, it also seems like the front brakes have produced minimal brake dust.
- Since the cover we tested has black finish, it doesn't have much impact on the looks of the brake system and the wheels. Those who are after the caliper cover's customization benefits can go for ones with a more attractive color like red.
- MGP caliper covers don't come cheap, but we believe that the hefty price will pretty much pay for itself in the long run by sparing users from frequent caliper and disc replacement or brake service due to brake fade or overheating brakes.
We think that the MGP caliper covers deliver great value for our bucks. They make the calipers look good while helping the vehicle stop better. The covers have been installed in our front brakes for quite a while now and so far, we haven't experienced any issue or problem with the brakes and with the caliper covers themselves. We were impressed by how hassle-free they are to install, considering that brake jobs don't really come easy in general. Though the set we got doesn't really turn heads when installed, we still give this MGP product two thumbs up for delivering what's expected from it.