As "The World Leader" in spark plug technology, NGK offers high-quality replacement parts that are both innovative and reliable. However, advanced upgrades on its product line are not enough to call NGK the preferred brand in spark plug wires--It takes a positive customer experience. In order to prove its' products high quality performance, we installed a NGK spark plug wire set on a Subaru Impreza to rate its performance in actual use.
- OE-comparable fit and design
- OEM-style, labeled connectors included
- Numbered for easy installation
- Coated with high-quality EPDM and Silicone
- Made from a ferrite magnetic layer of rubber, plastic and powdered ferrite magnetic materials
- Sold as a set
- Backed by a 12-month - 12,000 mile limited warranty
- The part was designed with great fitment, making almost identical to the original equipment. It has an exact fit and made installation a breeze.
- The quality of the spark plug wire was as impressive as its fit. It looked very sturdy and well-made with its silicone coating. This coating was another plus for these wires as it bumped up its resistance to heat up to 250 C.
- We appreciated how each wire was numbered accordingly for ease of identification. The labels made it easier to tinker with them during installation, without the fear of messing up the engine's firing order.
- Performance-wise, we were able to feel the difference of the Subaru's performance right after installation.
- We also noticed a quieter idle and more improved acceleration during our test drive.
- A few weeks after installation other performance gains included better start-up and improved gas mileage by about 1 mpg.
- Installation can get a bit difficult, but this depends on the make and model of your vehicle. On our Subaru installing the new wires became a problem since we couldn't get access to it. We had to remove the windshield wiper tank and air cleaner just to complete the whole replacement process.
- We weren't fond of the blue colored wires. It looked too blue on our compartment, disrupting the entire style of the rest of the parts under its hood.
If you're looking for a spark plug wire replacement that will improve your vehicle's performance, getting a NGK Spark Plug Wire would be a very practical choice. It is a well-made aftermarket replacement that works just as well as, or even better than, the original part. It features a tight, silicone covering that increases the service life of the part. Overall, it is a high-quality set of spark plug wires that is relatively easy to install and even easier to notice the improve performance.